Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Back to School Time!!!



What is Valentines day in the U.S. is Back to School for us here in Brazil!  
All our kids are so happy for this day.  

 Hannah is happy to be in 4th grade, praying her friend from church is in her class!

 Daniel is in 6th grade, studies in the morning and wonders how he will spend his afternoons all alone at home. 
 Jeremiah is super excited and nervous because this is first day of school ever!
He loves his new tennis shoes and backpack. 
 I walked with him up to his classroom, you can see the scary, newness of it all on his face:(
He picked the very first desk in the row, eager to sit down and get out of the crowd of strangers.  
"Mom,  what if I don't have the right stuff in my back-pack?"  He asked.  And then,
"How will I know when it is time for you to pick me up?"

"Jer, do you see that tall pretty lady?  She is your teacher and she rides a motorcycle."  
"She does??!!!!!"  he responded.    And that makes it all better.

I look at the list of student names on the teacher's desk, just to make sure he is on there.  
There in the J's is JEREMIAH CLEYTON  
 I tell Jer so he knows what she will be calling him.
It is so hard to leave him, (I'm sure you all know how I feel) but I am certain he will love it all at the end of the day. 

And now, the year 2013 actually begins!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Brings tears to my eyes as you send your baby off to school! I'm sure he had a great day and loved every minute of it. They all look so cute and excited. I love and miss you all! Happy Valentine's Day and Happy first day of school!

Love and miss you all!
Laura

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.