Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
I would like to introduce you to Brazilian speed control. This is a lambada. (A very large speed bump.) Instead of police giving tickets for those who speed, they simply place lambadas everywhere! I feel like we are constantly slamming on our brakes for these things.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
I opened up my deovotional book and began to study CONTENTMENT! (God sure knows what we need.) I did a short study on Philipians 4. Rejoice in the Lord, be ANXIOUS for nothing, take all things to the Lord in prayer, "whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." I am sure you are familiar with many of these verses. I realized I was just like the Isrealites. One week after a huge blessing, here I am complaining in my heart. I am so glad God is merciful to me. Forgiving me, reminding me of all I have to be thankful for.
I am thankful for...
- A wonderful place to stay while we get settled
- Internet connection (even though the keyboard is different)
- Family and friends who pray for us and love us
- To be in Brazil
- The little Portuguese I am learning
- Beautiful weather (not to cold)
- The kids adjusting VERY well (although Daniel hit a boy at church on Sun P.M. because he was tired of the boy speaking in portuguese!)
- Brazilian friends we are making
- 2 Churches to help out in
- A God who is faithful, even when I am not
- The Word of God to convict me and bring me closer to my Savior
I want to be like Paul and say, "I have learned in whatsoever state I am in, therewith to be content."
Update on the day:
James spent the whole day out with his dad and a Brazilian man looking for a vehicle. They left at 9:30 a.m. and finally got home at 7 p.m. Tomorrow we will be the owners of a nice Honda Civic and I think we have found a place to live. I will let you know more when I am sure. Thanks for your prayers. They are very needed!